• Performances on this Thursday - 'The Hog' Salsa Nights on Thursdays 9:30pm, great place to practice those new moves, come down for a drink and a dance, every Thursday Night. Cnr Cashel St & Manchester St.
• Next Performances Thursday 26th Feb (this Thursday) with Tango & Salsa.. more below
• Matecito Latin Salsa Band at Al's Bar, (Salsa Lovers Nite) Come and dance to live Salsa music, this will be a great night, Fri 27th Feb... more below....
• Free Latin Dance Classes at the Casino next Wednesday, Beginners & open level, anyone can join in. Then it all turns into a social salsa dance night, free enty all night! More details below...
• Latin Dance Festival, Celebrating Latin Culture. Saturday 28th February 2009 The festival features Latin dancers performing: - Argentine Tango, Cuban Salsa, NY Salsa and Brazilian Samba along with local and national dance clubs, dance workshops & Live band. Latin food and lots of dance! Plus right after the performances there will be a Latin Band "Matecito" to. Only $19 at Ticketek. More below...
• Two Tango Workshops at Danza Latina Studio with Auckand teachers; John & Felicity this Sunday coming. They will also be performing Agentine Tango at the Latin Dance Festival on Saturday Night. more below...
• New Beginners Salsa Class - Tues 10th March 6:15pm. Our next new beginners class starting soon. Mention to all your friends to come along for a First Free class, more below...
• Giancarlo & Masha 'Latinissimo' Intermational professional Salsa dancers are coming to Christchurch Saturday 14th March for a day full of workshops & a Salsa party at night with world class performances. In conjuction with Danza Latina & Latin Fire Christchurch. More information below....
Note: Events & Parties are highlighted in light grey - See the Full monthly timetable here>
The Hog Salsa
Nights - Performances This Thursday
Every Thursday Night
9:30pm - Late (1am)
• Totally Fun filled and hot. Drink and dance the night
away. Every Thursday night at the (Mac's) AKA Loaded Hog. Come down and have a look, a drink and have a dance!
Anyone can come, this night is for everybody at all levels.
• Music & DJ - DJ-SLS (Reuben Danza Latina) playing the very best and newest Latin Music including - Salsa, Mambo, Merengue, Cha, Zouk, Reggaeton & Bachata
• Performances Monthly, keep an eye on the timetable for performance details... keep an eye out for updates here! Including - Salsa Couples & teams, Hip Hop, Bachata, Latin American, Zumba, Tango, Samba & Axé.
• Next Performances this Thursday - 26th Feb (this Thursday) with Tango & Salsa
• History - This has been Running as a Salsa Night contiiniously on Thursdays since the days of 'Street Latin Dance Studio'
starting back in 1999 by Zane. Then passed onto Danza Latina from 2004-2006 and now back in the hands of Danza Latina from November 2008.
• Drink Specials - 2 Coronas for $10 (more to come)
Please support the salsa nights and buy drinks. Alcoholic or Non Alcoholic it all helps.
• Location: Cnr
Cashel & Manchester
(1 block down from Danza Latina Studio) See a Map here >
Salsa Lovers Nite with 'Matecito Latin Band' - This Friday
When: Friday 27th February 2009
Time: 9.00 pm. till 12.00 pm.
Gerardo Torres is back from Peru with the best of Salsa, Merengue, Cha, cha, Bachata and Cumbia from Latino America, featuring 6 piece pure Latino Brass Band.
Where: Al’s Bar - 31 Dundas St. Chch.
General cover charge: $15.00
Contact Info: Gerardo 0211043691
Latin Dance Festival -
Christchurch 2009 - This Saturday
• Date: Saturday 28th February 2009
Latin Dance Festival, Celebrating Latin Culture.
The festival features Latin dancers performing: -
Argentine Tango, Cuban Salsa, NY Salsa and Brazilian Samba along with local and national dance clubs, dance workshops & Live band. Latin food and lots of dance!
Performances Including: Danza Latina - Reuben & Vikki & Salsa Sabrosa
MC: Aaron Gilmore
Location & Times:
Victoria square 10am to 3pm (Free Admission).
Town Hall 7.30 pm. (The Main Show)
Learn to Dance Argentine Tango with John & Felicity from Auckland, they will also be performing at the Latin Dance Festival and teaching a Beginners workshop on Saturday, see details for this on the Latin Dance Festival Website.
Location: Danza Latina Studio, 160 Manchester St (level 1) (Corner of Manchester & Hereford Street) details & map here>
Prices: 1 workshop $30pp Or 2 workshops for $50pp
Bookings & inquiries: Simply turn up. Please join the online Newsletter below so you don't miss any important information. Reuben ph0800 2SALSA (0800 272 572)
Teachers: John Flower & Felicity Rogers
John Flower has over 30 years of dance experience that began with ice-skating where he was a Gold Level Ice Dance Champion. He continued on to specialise in South American dance, teaching and performing in the styles of Salsa, Lambada and Argentine Tango. John won the New Zealand Annual LatinDance Competition for the first two years. He is now the Competition Co-ordinator for what has become internationally one of the longest running salsa latindance competitions now in its 15th year.
Felicity Rogers; From the age of 3 Felicity spent her childhood training and competing in the dance forms of Ballet, Tap and Jazz. Her stage background also includes working as a Magician in professional magic shows from the age of 8. Felicity was introduced to Argentine Tango in 2000 and has been training & performing with Tango Tiempo in New Zealand and Australia for the last 7 years.
Teachers: Reuben & Marcela will
teach all the basics of Merengue along with a new beginner
combo each week along with the salsa basic step. Anyone from
absolute beginner to more advanced can join. Register online
& come any week. You could also just turn up on
the day and join in and stick around for the social dancing
afterwards. (as advertised on More FM & The Edge radio) - Enrol you and your friends now there is limited space!
you dance moves learnt in class at Danza Latina or Casino during
this hour, its free fun and nice & hot! We will play
& slower Salsa songs to practice & warm up to.
Salsa Dancing Night 9:30pm
DJ SLS, Salsa,
Cha, Merengue & Bachata music playing all night to dance
to! Come down and have some hot salsa dancing. Dress to impress!
Entry all night & everyone is welcome at any
buy drinks at the Bar to support this free night! (to
keep it FREE) There are 2 restaurants in the casino,
one of them is 24hr why not make a night of it!
Victoria Street, Christchurch, New Zealand.
DRESSCODE Smart and neat presentation is required
at all times. AGE LIMIT R20
Workshops - 8th & 22nd March
Sundays 8th March & 22nd March
Bachata workshops with internationally recognized "Bachaotearoa" (Nikal and Nirico)
• WORKSHOPS Part 1 - Sunday, 8th March
BEGINNERS BACHATA - 1:00 pm
Suitable for those who have never danced bachata before or want a review of the fundamentals. We will teach footwork and a fun basic turn pattern.
IMP/INT BACHATA TURN PATTERN - 2:15 pm
Continue on from the first workshop or jump into this class if you
already have bachata experience! We will teach interesting footwork and turn patterns.
• WORKSHOPS Part 2 - Sunday, 22nd March
IMP/INT BACHATA DIPS - 1:00 pm
Suitable for people who have learned bachata basics or higher, we will teach proper leading and following techniques for sexy dips, waves, and body movement.
BACHATA MUSICALITY - 2:15 pm
Also suitable for people who have learned bachata basics or higher, we will focus on listening to the music and dancing with musicality - knowing when and how to hit the accents and pauses, and when to add in some funky footwork!
COST: $15 for one workshop, $25 for two
are the only 4 workshops they are able to run
before they head to Sydney to teach at the Bachata congress.
salsa On1) Learn Salsa dance basics and motion.
No Dance partner required & no experience needed. This course is purely Salsa. You can join anywhere up
to week2 if you have never danced Salsa! ...tell all your friends so they can join in!
Danza Latina Studio Location: 160 Manchester
St, (Cnr Manchester & Hereford St Upstairs- Level1) Christchurch, New Zealand. See
the map for
Latinissimo Salsa Party & Workshops - Sat 14th March
Date: Saturday 14th March
Giancarlo & Masha
& Masha - International Salsa Teachers & Performers are coming to Christchurch in March 2009! Workshops in
Salsa & Bachata, Tricks and Dips,
Spinning and Styling!All workshops and the Party & performances are held at St Alband Shirly Club Christchurch. So book it in your calendar now, this is an event not to be missed!
Salsa Party & Performances - Salsa Party at the Shirly Mens Club with performances and some of the best Salsa, Bachata, Mambo, Zouk & Merengue music to dance to with fantastic wooden floors with a bar to purchase drinks. More details coming soon!!
Latinissimo Salsa DVD's - Special Deals... info coming soon
Three Days and nights of parties, shows and workshops held in Wellington NZ
Featuring some of the top salsa dancers in the world. The Congress aims to give New Zealander's the chance to experience the international world of salsa styles and music and showcase teams and couples from all over New Zealand.
In 2009 the congress will be featuring world class couples from Puerto Rico, Columbia, Cuba, USA, Australia & Peru!
Be inspired during the day and dance all night in a super friendly atmosphere with people of all levels from all over New Zealand.
International teachers include:
This year we would like to present some of the very best in Latin American Salsa: Tito and Tamara – Direct from Puerto Rico, masters of the smooth sensuous Puerto Rican style and “Royalty” of the Salsa World. You Tube Link > Ricardo and Viviana - Direct from Columbia, 2005 world Champs, masters of the quick footed Columbian Salsa style, unbelievable dancers and teachers. You Tube Link > Kadu and Larissa – Brazil/Australia, stunning Zouk/Lambada and Samba de Gafieira experts. You Tube Link >
Join Danza Latina at Congress In previous years going to the Congress has been left up to the individual. This year Danza Latina is getting more involved, we are working with the organisers of this event to help you with travel, accommodation, deals & bookings. Further more we will be encouraging Danza Latina students to join us for dinner etc to keep a group spirit at the Congress. If you are thinking about coming or have decided to come to the congress this year, or perhaps you have booked already. Please register your interest with Vikki from Danza Latina, she will assit with your bookings, help with accomodation and travel. Register your interest NOW!
Please call or txt Vikki on 027-2399400
your dance school when registering;
Please mention ( Danza Latina ) where ever you
can on registration.
Join facebook - leave messages, find dance partners, find friends in your salsa class, find out who is going to which salsa dance events and more... This link below goes directly to the Danza Latina Facebook Group
of the week
~ Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once. ~ Lillian Dickson